About your Search

20121001
20121031
Search Results 0 to 3 of about 4 (some duplicates have been removed)
a year on the streets of new york. york. 90% of those stopped are young black and latinos and half the time, 350,000 a year are stopped and frisked. in those cases only 10% lead to an arrest. the remaining 90% of those we stop and frisk we embarrass them in front of their community, we din grate them, humiliate them, leading to what? you can go now. >> most people are very judgment tal. they say you need to be socially responsible and not break the law. what you say is you have to get past that. you need to think about what is causing the pain that the addicts are going through. i think you have to address the question about social responsibility. >> you do. we want young people to be socially responsible. it's hard when you're knee capping them every chance you get. when they fail school, no health care, their parental structures have been broken up. this war has been going on a long time. a lot of young people being put away are people who parents have already gotten put away. under sentences, crack cocaine is 100 times penalized. one fair. unfair. we've had very selective rather
and latino students. all students benefit from learning together inside the classroom and out. >> reporter: they've expressed the concern over the use of racial preferences, meaning affirmative action is very much on the line here today. the last time the court reviewed this, just as sandra day o'connor speculated, that race preferences might not be needed after 25 years. the court took this case for review just nine years after she said that. >> wyatt andrews at the supreme court. in a few minutes we'll ask texas governor rick perry about the supreme court case right here on "cbs this morning." >>> the captain of the italian cruise liner who ran aground and capsized has been reported. reports say francesco schettino was let go. he wants to be reinstated with back bay. the costa concordia ran aground nine months ago as the captain steered the ship close to shore adds part of a stunt. 32 people died. >>> luxury retailer niemann marcus put out this year's christmas catalog. as you might expect it has the over-the-top gifts you won't find anyplace else. tarell brown looks at some of those big
. >> all students would suffer not just black and latino students all students benefit from learning together in the classroom and outside of the classroom. >> reporter: all the courts conservative justices expressed concern over the use of racial prejudice, affirmative action is on the line. the last time the court reviewed this, justice sandra day o'connor speculated race may not be needed after 25 years. >> thanks. in just a few minutes we'll ask texas governor rick perry about the supreme court case right here on cbs "this morning." >> the kacht that italian cruise liner that ran around and capsized has been fired. reports say francesco schettino was let go in july for disregarding company policy. he says the charges are unfound and he wants to be reinstated with back pay. the "costa concordia" ran aground nine months ago as the captain steered the ship close to the coast as a stunt. >>> luxury retailer neiman marcus has put out this year's christmas catalog. i want has the over the top gifts you won't find any place else. we look at those big ticket items. >> happy holidays from
Search Results 0 to 3 of about 4 (some duplicates have been removed)